Friday, February 18, 2011

So Long K (not really)

Here's my chance to by sappy. Today is the last day that K and I will be in the same office together. She is moving on to a much bigger firm for a very cool opportunity and I am so excited for her.

What I am not excited about is the upcoming battle for me. At our current office the boy's club has been a constant battle (if you couldn't already tell). Together K, myself, and one other strong woman played our cards and wedged ourselves right in there. The other woman was the first to go a week ago, now K. I am officially the only woman left that even bothers to deal with the men's club, and I just wonder how that's going to work out for me.

K is an unbelievable, hard working strong woman. I know that the next place she goes she will stand just as tall as she did hear. No matter what the challenge, whether it's a new boy's club or something else, I have complete faith that she will approach every situation with brains and power. Congrats K, I'll miss you calling out my outfit choices and my ridiculously emotional moments. You are a best friend and I know that although you've left this office you still have to write Playing with Cards with me. Who knows, this may bring some new topics to the blog!

Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment