Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lady in Red

When T told me I wasn't allowed to wear my red dress to my interview, I jokingly told her that while it may not be an interview outfit, it could certainly be a first day outfit.

So I've decided follow through on that joke and sport my bright red "Joan" dress from Zara with black tights and black flats.

I've chosen this for a pretty simple reason: it makes me feel confident. Any first day is nerve wracking and stressful; so, I need something to make me feel comfortable and "ready to take on the world."

I've also chosen it because I've worn it before. I went on a little shopping spree on my week off between jobs, but I wouldn't dream of wearing a brand new outfit to a first day. There's nothing worse than finding out a skirt rides up your butt every time you walk when you're trying to make first impressions. That's recipe for hives and high blood pressure.

What's your ideal first day outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment