Wednesday, February 16, 2011

#notsexy

I rarely look at my trends column on twitter, but for some reason today's caught my eye because in it was #notsexy #verysexy and #thatssexy. I was curious so I clicked first on #notsexy. Here's the examples of what I saw:




So then I clicked on #verysexy. It showed a lot of woman shouting out what they find sexy in guy. Interesting. As for the last trend: #thatssexy, this one has a mix of everyone throwing out what they find attractive.

So my curiosity drove me to try and figure out where this trend came from. I was unsuccessful but I did find an interesting article from The Independent that gave a little more information about the trend.

But again, where does this trend come from? And how come #notsexy and #verysexy have such opposite genders reacting so differently? It's interesting to see how the chance to point out the negative was scooped up by the male population of twitter, and how the positive the female. Maybe I should start paying more attention to trends on twitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment